The news piece in Sabah and Takvim today reads: The Secretariat of the Treasury has presented a report on Akin Ipek’s company, Koza Gold Co. to the Parliamentary Coup Investigation Commission:
Koza Gold produced 46 tonnes of gold bars between 2001 and 2006.
Only 11.7 tonnes of this were sold to the Gold Exchange and the rest, some 34 tonnes, amounting to 4.5 billion TL, was exported without any transactiontaking place in the Gold Exchange. (THEY HAVE NOW DRAGGED UP SOMETHING FROM15 YEARS AGO TO FABRICATE A CRIME.)
Dear valued members of the Parliamentary Coup Investigation Commission; I don’t know in relation to what or for what cause Koza Gold Co. came to be on your agenda. As you know, trustees were appointed due to a ridiculously absurd slander that donation gold was collected and shown as production. The company has been in the management of trustees ever since.
After the appointment of the trustees, the production continued as planned. As they couldn’t blame the trustees for collecting donation gold, they have now embraced a slander that says the opposite. BUT IT WON’T BE ANY USE, EITHER.
FIRST OF ALL, BY DEFINITION SMUGGLING IS CARRYING VALUABLE METAL ABROAD WITHOUT DECLARING IT TO THE CUSTOMS OR MISDECLARING IT. HOW CAN THE GOLD HAVE BEEN SMUGGLED WHEN IT WAS DECLARED TO THE CUSTOMS AND EXPORTED OFFICIALLY? PLEASE ASKTHIS.
THAT’S THE IQ LEVEL OF THE SLANDERERS. It may be because of their helplessness.
Apparently they have spotted smuggling between 2001 and 2006, IN WHICH CASE THEY ARE ACCUSING NEWMONT, AND NOT KOZA GOLD. IN THIS CASE, NEWMONT WILL BE INVOLVED, TOO.
HERE IS THE TRUTH:
- All the gold produced by Koza Gold has been soldand registered at the Turkish Gold Exchange since 2007.
- Koza Goldbought the plant from NEWMONT in 2005, and (in the period between 2005 and 2007, for about 1.5 years), they continued to refine and sellthe gold produced in the same way that Newmont had been doing.
- THE PROCEDURE NEWMONT HAD ADOPTED WAS TOTALLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE TIME. That is, to summarise, Article 7 of the law, numbered 20249 and dated 11.08.1989: it is essential that the unprocessed metal, in orderto be exported is declared to the customs. The rules and regulations outside this concerning the export will not be executed, the law read.
- On 18.11.2016, a new regulation was introduced regarding the sale of dore barswith the publication of the declaration numbered 26350. Since this date, FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS, THE GOLD THAT KOZA GOLD HAS BEEN PRODUCING HAS BEEN SOLD AT THE TURKISH GOLD EXCHANGE.
- The way Newmont operated between 2001 and 2005 and then for the following 1.5 years, the way Koza Gold operated is as follows: the production was analysed by the company ALS under the supervision of SGS in the jewellery shop declared by the Gold Exchange and exported with a customs declaration.
- The export was made to METALOR refinery which was accredited in the permission list by the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey. (The names of the permitted and accredited international refineries are known.)
- After the refinement, the gold was sold at the London Gold Exchange Market.
- The payment for the export was brought into the country within 180 days.
- It is understood that the 34 tonnes of gold in question is the gold produced and exported by Newmont (up until 2005).
Letting goods go without declaring them to customs, avoiding the valuation procedure, stopping the search, and sending them as natural stone to Dubai by changing the documents of the plane can be shown as an example of gold laundering.